• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Change in company policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

merna

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? idaho

I was recently fired from my job due to a change in company policy. My supervisor was my sister and they told me I could no longer work there due to that. When I was hired that was not a policy that they had. It also said in my hand book that any changes in company policy would be in writting and that no oral statements or representations can in any way alter the provisions of this hand book. I was made to sign arbitration agreement when I was hired does this mean I do not have any legal chance?

K

krispenstpeter

Company policy is not law. The company has the right to fire you for being too ugly if that's their wish.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It is perfectly legal, and quite common, for a company to have a policy forbidding family members from working together. It is NOT required that they have a written policy saying so before they can fire you for the reason you describe.

The company has not broken any laws; you have no legal recourse. Just because the handbook says they will put changes of policy in writing does NOT make it a legal requirement that they do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">