• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Change Of Reason

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

divisim

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

On 8-3-03 I was discharged reason being "economic conditions-position eliminated" which was stated in wrinting to ESD on 8-8-03 then on 8-11-03 employer sent letter to them stating that was not actually the case, claimed he found later that day 8-8-03 I had been defrauding the company with unathorized credit card use .

I was denied benefits and am appealing currently but will lose my home over the delay in benefits(7 weeks as of now).

Let me mention that I was G.M. exercizing a buyout agreement dated Dec.01 giving up my commission for stock so technically was a owner. In Feb. 03 I entered a nasty divorce that finally just got done, in March my income was cut in half temporarily as a good will geture as we had to lay-off some employees. The owners feared it could look as if they were paying that way to avoid divorce support and I think they changed story to cover, also my stock was valued at negative over $30k at my dissmissal interestingly enough. what can I do? HELP

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Changing the reason for your termination is not, in itself, illegal. If you are appealing the decision I don't know what more you are looking for.

Beth3

Owning stock in a company makes you a shareholder, not an owner. In either case it doesn't give you carte blanche to use company credit cards as you please.

D

divisim

I may not have gave enough information, I have used c.c. this way for over 10 years with all personal exspenses repaid by me.

They see the statements and receipts monthly as they pay the statement in full each month so to just become aware is a lie, I know they were worried about the ex-wife's attorney threatening to see all business records and mentioned that it could appear I was being paid off the record this way and realized that it may look bad if they didn't claim to be unaware.

Regardless, how can one state in writing to ESD reason for termination "economic condition-position eliminated" then a week later send a letter saying "this was not actually the case they were just trying to help him draw benefits" but after sending they found I had been defrauding the company(this, a week after I am no longer employed there) and therefore should be denied benefits.

As for what more I'm looking for defamation of character just to start.......any input appreciated

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">