• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chemical Fumes at Work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tilly38

I live in Wisconsin and need some legal advice,I work at a speaker factory,they started using this new chemical to treat the cloth ,it has a very very strong odar ,I've had bad headaches, nausea, sore throat ,I've informed my supervisor he told me it's just a nusiance smell.Well I went to thr H.R. Depart. I asked them to check into it ,I also looked in the msds book and couldnot find the msds sheet on this ,at first they tried telling me it was this one chemical well I asked other coworkers and they told me what it is and thats when I tried to find the msds and couldn't i think there trying to cover up because they didn't realize they had no msds sheet on this product.Ialso had to take today off I had such a head ache and sore throat.. I've had to go out side to get air and it's very hard to work under these circumstances BUT now I'm afraid they are going to write me up for missing to day .I did call into work to tell them I'm sick..Can they leagaly write me? I've never had this problem in the 5 yrs. of employment til now so I know it's from the fumes. the one msds sheet I did find on one of the products used has every symtom I've got... Don't know what to do..???

racer72

Contact OSHA and your state workers safety and health group. Your employer could get into some big time trouble for violating state and federal laws. You should also be thoroughly checked out by your family doctor. If you know the name of the chemical and the company that makes it, many manufacturers make their MSDS sheets available online.

M

Mexicandream

furthermore

Find out if you are the only one having side-effects from the chemical. If you are not alone, it would be prudent to call OSHA, possibly DHEC. Any company working with chemicals and haz. mat. is required to post information about the chemical as well as to have a handbook available detailing the chem, its compostion, effects, and clean up procedures.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">