• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Neglect Prevent Employment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pattytx

If I were a patient in a hospital, or the mother of a child in a hospital, I sure wouldn't want someone accused of child neglect anywhere NEAR me or my children.

Hot Topic

Why would you think that you would be hired at a place that's supposed to help people if you'd brutalized someone you were supposed to care for?

There's something wrong with a person who'd ask that kind of question.

Steven60970

Lmao its not me anyway but if you must know a friend of mine has a troublesome child. He snuck out 3 times in a matter of a week. twice while everyone was sleeping and once while on a babysitters watch. Since then they got alarms on all the doors and whatnot. It hasn't even been confirmed yet that it will be on their record but they were applying at a hospital and was told that they couldn't work in a hosp with that on their record. To which I said I don't think thats true just like they cant discriminate against a person with a crime on their record. So I came to ask...but while I'm at it I would like to thank everyone who posted on this for their narrow minded and judgmental response to a simple question. Next time if you don't know the answer its best just to be quiet.

If by some chance the owners of this forum watch these, I will definitively be spreading the word for no one to visit these forums as they are filled with non sense and no answers.

Isis1

When involving a child's safety, they sure can!!!

I'm astounded how the child is being difficult while sleeping! And you laugh about it? How is leaving a child unprotected funny?? And this is your friend??? I won't even talk to my own mother since she refused to give me her address to report her for allowing her boyfriend to assault a child she was babysitting!

Proserpina

Lmao its not me anyway but if you must know a friend of mine has a troublesome child. He snuck out 3 times in a matter of a week. twice while everyone was sleeping and once while on a babysitters watch. Since then they got alarms on all the doors and whatnot. It hasn't even been confirmed yet that it will be on their record but they were applying at a hospital and was told that they couldn't work in a hosp with that on their record. To which I said I don't think thats true just like they cant discriminate against a person with a crime on their record. So I came to ask...but while I'm at it I would like to thank everyone who posted on this for their narrow minded and judgmental response to a simple question. Next time if you don't know the answer its best just to be quiet.

If by some chance the owners of this forum watch these, I will definitively be spreading the word for no one to visit these forums as they are filled with non sense and no answers.

Oh please. :rolleyes:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
We need to make a clear distinction here.

The state of IL does provide a certain amount of protection against discrimination on the basis of an arrest record.

However, in many states, certain charges are an automatic bar to employment with certain types of employers, which DOES include charges of child neglect, and DOES include hospitals.

While I have not done the research to see if IL is one of these states, if it is then not only is it not illegal discrimination, but the hospital would actually be in violation of the law if they were to hire your friend.

If IL is not one of these states, then more clarification on the exact status of your friend would be needed to determine if any violation has occurred.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">