• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Childish Management

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

warcryunlimited

What is the name of your state? Texas. My former employer refuses to issue me my final check. If I am correct in the state of Texas it is a law that they have 24 hours to issue my pay. They waited a week before contacting me, saying that I needed to send them copies of an inventory check list that I created apart from the business to assist me in inventory control. Under law it is not their information to obtain because I was never compensated for the time it took me to make these forms. Even still I mailed them a disk with a copy of the information and they still refuse to send my check. I tried contacting them, but every time I called they would answer and then hang up. The owner later called me and when I answered, hung up again. I have nothing more to offer them.What do I do? How do I pursue this issue if I need to do it legally?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You are wrong that Texas law requires them to release final pay within 24 hours. However, they can't hold it indefinitely either. If you quit, your final check must be released by the next regular payday; if you were fired, within 6 days.

File a complaint with the TWC.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">