• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civil litigation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

teamupscan

ALL STATES: Even though I now reside in Ontario, Canada, I have lived and worked in the U.S. for many years previously. My daughter is a U.S. citizen.I wish to sue United Parcel Service and Teamsters Union for unfair labor practices and wrongful dismissal. I have many documents. I am contacting the U.S. because, I believe,Canada has inadequate civil litigation laws, and canadian lawyers are inter-friendly when considering litigation. ALSO, "UPS/Teamsters" are also located in U.S. cities and venue can be applied from there?
MY QUESTION: IS venue when filing a complaint an absolute MUST, in that it has to be filed in the area where I live/work?
As "UPS/Teamsters" are worldwide, can I file in a more favorable venue and be successful; especially if the company operates worldwide?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">