• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civil procedure filing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cynthia marvel

What is the name of your state?

California is my state

Can anyone tell me the approximate time it should take for an attorney to prepare a complaint for filing in court?

Thank you
cynthia marvel

It depends on what you mean by "how long".

Which of the following do you mean by your question:

(1) How long should it take from the time you decide to file a complaint until the time it actually gets filed; OR

(2) How long does it take to draft a complaint once the attorney starts writing it?

If you mean #1, then it depends on how busy the attorney is and what work needs to be done before filing a complaint.

If you mean #2, then it depends on how complex the case is.

cynthia marvel

Thank you for your reply.

I want to know how long approximately that it should take an attorney to prepare a complaint for filing in court. Say a moderately complex case with possibly three defendants?

Thank you
Cynthia Marvel

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This is a question you should be asking your attorney.

No one here can possible know how long it will take an attorney to file a complaint that we know nothing about.

There is no such thing as the "average" time. It depends entirely on the case itself and how busy the attorney and his staff are.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

How long is a string?

At what point does a string become a rope?

At what point does a boat become a ship?

How high is "up"?

Answer those questions, and I'll answer yours.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">