• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Class Action Suits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JJBS

I am in California.

My company is currently involved in two class action suits and I have a few questions regarding them.

The suits are based on wether mgrs should have been classified as exempt. Which would make them ineligible for overtime.

My questions are as follows:

1. Can more than one class action suit be pending on the same issue?

2. Can my company force me to testify in it's defense? I am a long term employee of the company. They recently sent a lawyer to talk to me. I was okay with talking to him about my job functions, but now they want me to sign a declaration of what was said in the meeting, and I'm just not comfortable doing that.

3. What attributes does an exempt position have to have?

4. Could I be barred from receiving a settlement if the former employee does win the class action and I've signed the declaration?

5. From what I've read of the plantiffs side of the case...all they are stating is completely true. And they did find a lawyer to take their case. What are the odds of a big corporation losing a case like this?

6. If I don't coporate and testify, will my company know?

7. How many times can the company appeal a decision against them and are class actions decided by a jury or a judge?

Thanks so much in advance for your time.

JJBS

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">