• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Co. in Ch.11 - Do I pay for my Medical claims?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rjani

I am working as a consultant in a NJ based co. I was working on a project in CA when my co. filed for Ch.11 bankruptsy (but I am still employed). I continue to pay for the medical insurance premium (deducted from my paycheck). My wife was pregnant and she delivred in a CA hospital. We had to take our baby for emergency services after a week.

Now the medical inusrance co. is denying all the claims from the Hospital, and Laboratory as they have got a notification from my co. that there is a court order not to pay for any claims until the bankruptsy is cleared or whatwever. (My co. insurance is 'Self-funded' type)

I am receiving bills from Labs etc. and I forwared them to my co. They sent the letters to them saying we have filed ch.11.

However, I had signed some papers (everybody does) at the time of admittance to the hospital, that I'll be responsible for all the financial charges.

Now, what is my standing? Do I have to pay for all the bills? or is there any way to avoid it. I am worried about my credit rating.

Thanks in advance for all the help,

- RJ

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">