• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cocaine a company perk?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Amzon

I've been watching an interesting series of events at a close friends place of employment. Please give me an opinion of whether or not my friend should seek a lawyer's services...

A few months ago my friend developed a drug problem with cocaine. At some point thereafter, he had a conversation with a minority principle of the company he works for. The drug issue came out in this conversation as well as the fact that he a had a very inexpensive source. Rather than my friend being directed or advised to seek help, this minority principle offered to "invest" some money so my friend could buy a larger supply in which he could sell for a profit. My friend was also encouraged to acquire various pills so he could provide them to other high and low level employees within this company and another that the minority principle was involved in.

Needless to say, these things don't generally end up with happy endings. My friends work performance has gone down drastically. It is pretty clear that he is going to be terminated for lack of performance. The person that will terminate him is the CEO and majority principle of the company. He may be suspicious of possible substance abuse with this employee but he has no knowledge of the "investment" made by the minority owner nor of the drug sales that were going on at the company to other employees.

Does my friend have recourse if he is terminated?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Amzn in KS.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Amzon:
I've been watching an interesting series of events at a close friends place of employment. Please give me an opinion of whether or not my friend should seek a lawyer's services...

A few months ago my friend developed a drug problem with cocaine. At some point thereafter, he had a conversation with a minority principle of the company he works for. The drug issue came out in this conversation as well as the fact that he a had a very inexpensive source. Rather than my friend being directed or advised to seek help, this minority principle offered to "invest" some money so my friend could buy a larger supply in which he could sell for a profit. My friend was also encouraged to acquire various pills so he could provide them to other high and low level employees within this company and another that the minority principle was involved in.

Needless to say, these things don't generally end up with happy endings. My friends work performance has gone down drastically. It is pretty clear that he is going to be terminated for lack of performance. The person that will terminate him is the CEO and majority principle of the company. He may be suspicious of possible substance abuse with this employee but he has no knowledge of the "investment" made by the minority owner nor of the drug sales that were going on at the company to other employees.

Does my friend have recourse if he is terminated?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Amzn in KS.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your friend needs the services of an attorney and a drug treatment facility.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">