• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

commison pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sassi

I work in Pennsylvania, in a sales office. My question is what is the law on commison sales, does my employer have the right to take away my commison if I have a typo on the paper work? or if after I have made the sale and the customer cancels before installation ? Also I get a hourly wage because I work the late shift I was getting 30% of my hourly extra, one day we get called in the office and my office manager tells us that they are taking that away since they have to put the new hires on a late but not the same shift and we wouldn't be getting it anymore,that made a difference of $300 dollars a month less of my pay. Is it leagal for them to do that? I just feel so frustrated , they change something every month, I already drive 45 min to work and now they are moving in Nov to a new building that will make my drive over a hour. Please help me if someone can. Thanks for listening!

Please email me at [email protected]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

1. Employer cannot take away your commission based on a typo. I.e. you are entitled to the commission percentage you agreed to per purchase that is completed.

2. Hence, if Customer cancels prior to installation, if you were already paid, and you cashed the check...they cannot take that away. BUT, if you were not paid yet, they can take it away.

3. As to hourly, you should be getting time and a half for overtime and they MUST GIVE THAT TO YOU IF YOU WORK OVERTIME OR YOU JUST ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WORK OVERTIME.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">