• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Commissionless in NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

star-trekkor66

I currently work for a company in New York. The commission structure was changed this past September. We were originally getting paid commissions on sales the month following the sale but now, we must sell a certain number of units per month in order to get paid. If we didn't make the monthly quota (due to lack of sales, customer cancellations, etc.) our commissions would be held until February 2001. To make matters worse, we were given a quota to reach by the end of the year and if we do not reach the assigned quota by 12/31 then all of our held commissions would be forfeited. Now that December is here and sales are traditionally slow, 95% of the sales force (including me) is facing losing their commissions. I have started investigating other employment and was told that if I leave the company, I will lose all rights to the commissions and will not recieve the commission due from last month (which I made my monthly quota). Is this legal? This has caused great financial hardship on me and several of my co-workers and we are starting to talk about class-action law suits. Is that a good idea?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">