• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Comp Time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lsfloyd

I am a nurse with a County Health Department in Alabama. We do not get paid for overtime, but accumulate comp time. Recently, I have been using some of my comp time for doctors appointments due to a chronic condition that I have. I was given a verbal warning today that I had too many occurances which could lead to termination of employment because I am still in my probationary period. I assumed comp time was to use as needed, since it was for overtime worked. I was then informed that the comp log kept in the office was incorrect and some of the time I had taken, I actually did not have. Therefore, resulting in time off without pay. They now want to add that to my record and deduct it from my pay. I was not given the option to change it to vacation/sick time. The records are maintained by the secretary and I was told to always check the book for the amount of time available. Accordin to the book I had enough time to cover the time approved. Can someone please explain how this is right? I even contacted the supervisor about the hours available and was told to go by the time in the book. How can an employee be penalized for taking time earned, after it was approved? I am really confused by this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">