• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company being sold / On disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

Vinniechenzo

I live in Michigan and am currently on short-term disability. The company I work for is being sold. Most or all of the previous company's employees are going to be offered a job with the new company. Does the new company also have an obligation to hire me?
What happens if I switch to long-term before the deal is final?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

The company is under no obligation to hire you. But......maybe you should talk to people who are already hired and see how they got in and see if your boss would bring you to the new company.

try this site to see if there are any rules about disability being transferred (i.e. obligation to pay, etc.)
www.eeoc.gov

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">