• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company illegal fired now I am put to sub

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

strikerbiker

What is the name of your state? NYS

This is what I sent the union reps I need some advice here.

I have been trying for weeks/months now to get some answers but never get them. Can you please get me them. It is extremely important and can change the results of seniority in this company.
The question is very simple yet no one gets me the answer. Our Rep right now is basically concerned about his and 2 others $.25 raise per hour. I asked for weeks/months about this even prior to that time when we bid the last time here.
I was hired on 9/29/03 but my fulltime driving date is 10/24/03
blank was hired on 10/10/03(?)and fulltime driving date was 10/23/03(?).
the other part of the company which is separate from us but in the same building tell me there seniority is hire date and only fulltime date used when people are hired the same time.
Now our part tells me the fulltime date is the date they go by. Even though I see nothing in the union contract agreement of this. I find nothing in writing anywhere.
So which one is it? Is there anything in writing of this?
The reason I ask this is because months ago I had a bid I loved it was taken by blank on the fulltime date not hire date. Now that the company has to take the people they fired back I will be on the losing end again. Even though I was hired before blank. If it is the other way around then I lost a lot of money off the old bid I never would have given up that blank took from me. I really need the answers here.
Yesterday I was told when the guy returns to work I will become a sub driver. Because of what they did now has effected my families life. I may get a week here a day there etc not enough to support a family on. I am a single (recently divorced) mother with 2 children and a mortgage etc. I need to know if the seniority is correct with me even though hired first being put to the sub driver.
I also feel you should know that the company is NOT repeat NOT giving the weekend shuttle drivers a lunch break and making them drive 10.5 hours straight. Nor do the drivers usually doing doubles get a break. The union rep said to me you will probably never get a break. This is wrong. DOT would have a problem with this. I think something should be done about this also.
I
That is why I came to you all to try to get the answers. Again maybe I will get the run around. We bid again soon. If I have the seniority I want to know so I can get off of being a sub driver. Or I need to find work else where as soon as possible.

I also sent a fax to the union rep this.

If the guy that was fired was never illegally fired then I would have been the last one hired. Because blank would have never left his other job to be a sub driver or would have gone to the other division of the company.

The reps do not get back to me on this mess. What are my rights here?
Thank you

Beth3

"What are my rights here?" To look for another job where the terms and conditions are more to your liking.

There are no laws that address seniority or have any bearing on your situation. If the specifics of what constitutes seniority or a hiring date are not addressed in the CBA, then the company and/or union can handle this anyway they please. If your union representatives can't be bothered to get back to you or answer your question, then that's their choice.

Bet you're wondering why you've been paying union dues all this time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">