• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company Lost My New Employee/Financial Paperwork PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ckeysno1

Hi,
A few months ago I was hired by a hotel in PA as a banquet bartender/server, and was required to fill out new employee paperwork (W2s, banking info, social security number, etc). Less than a week after my first event there, the banquet manager left a message on my voice mail saying "your new employee paperwork has gone missing," and that I would have to come in to fill out new paperwork. Suffice it to say I never worked for that company again (as if I were going to give them a second chance to "lose" my personal security info). I thought using the phrase "went missing" was a nice way of shifting from blame to an "oops! accident occured" excuse.
I want to know what rights I have outside of contacting my bank, credit bureaus, etc., as I have learned identity thieves normally wait for a bit before using your information for their own financial dreams.
Is this something I can sue them for?

CK, near Harrisburg PA

Just Blue

ckeysno1 said:
Hi,
A few months ago I was hired by a hotel in PA as a banquet bartender/server, and was required to fill out new employee paperwork (W2s, banking info, social security number, etc). Less than a week after my first event there, the banquet manager left a message on my voice mail saying "your new employee paperwork has gone missing," and that I would have to come in to fill out new paperwork. Suffice it to say I never worked for that company again (as if I were going to give them a second chance to "lose" my personal security info). I thought using the phrase "went missing" was a nice way of shifting from blame to an "oops! accident occured" excuse.
I want to know what rights I have outside of contacting my bank, credit bureaus, etc., as I have learned identity thieves normally wait for a bit before using your information for their own financial dreams.
Is this something I can sue them for?

CK, near Harrisburg PA
I guess if someone actually USED the information to steal your identity than you could...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">