• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company Policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

discoduck7

I am from Georgia and I have a question: Is an employer required to give an employee a written copy of company policy?

I work for a construction equipment company here in GA and there is a woman here (my supervisor) who seems to have it out for me. I would attribute this to paranoia if others in the company hadn't noticed it too. Anyway, my supervisor keeps telling me that I have violated company policy on several things and now has finally given me a written warning for 2 things that I feel are completely unjustified. Can she keep referencing "company policy" when I (and all other employees) have never received written documentation of them?

I am just wondering, because if she keeps putting things like this in my file I could lose my job, and I want to know what my rights are before that happens.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">