• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jalight

i'm approaching from a different angle than most.
i am an employeer that was forced to terminate an employee recently. upon his departure, i was informed that he had some of our company property in his possession. i called and asked him to bring the property in and i'd have his chec ready. he said he would be in first thing the next day. instead, we received an email from him statng that he expected his check within 5 days and wanted it mailed or delivered. he also stated that any further correspondences would be via email and any attempts to contact him by phone or otherwise would be considered harrassment.
our property was not mentioned.
we have no intention of holding his check or harrassing him in any way, but we must have our property returned. what legal recourse do we have in order to insure the safe return of our property?
i am in houston, texas

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">