• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company requesting vacation pay back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

koli

Koli
Phoenix, AZ

I have no idea where my question falls into. So I have placed it here.

I was employed with this company for 1 year. I asked for my annual 1 week vacation. It was approved by my General manager and the CORPORATE Office. So I was awarded 1 paid week vaction. Which I took the 1st week of October.

I then, in November, quit this job and started working for another company.

Sometime in the 1st week of December, I received a letter in the mail from my old company, telling my that I owed them that 1 weeks pay, because I did not meet the criteria to acrue a paid vacation after 1 year of employment.

My question to you is: Do I have a case, an argument to not pay back this money? It was approved by my manager and by the corparate office. I have the paystub to proove this was payed to me.

Thank you for your time,

Please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Koli

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">