• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Compensation for travel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TheNose

I live in Texas and work for a company in California. I work out of my house and my job is to travel to customer sites around the world and repair electronic equipment. When I travel, I must take tools and parts with me, but my company will not pay me for travel unless it is between 8 and 5. I know that travel is exempt from pay if it is not the ordinary work, but this is my job. Can they legally refuse to pay me, especially when the try to schedule travel outside the hours of 8 to 5? Please answer as I am very frustrated with them. They have scheduled me to travel to India which will entail 4 days of travel, and the way that they have made travel arrangements, almost all the flying will be after 5 so they won't pay me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">