• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Complaint against former employer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lowgirl

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Is there anywhere( or way) to file a complaint against a former employer other than the EEOC if your reasons are not due to race, sex, etc.?

Beth3

You need to tell us what your complaint is about in order for someone here to tell you whether your employer has acted unlawfully and if so, what government agency to contact.

lowgirl

I was terminated two weeks after I returned from my honeymoon. The reason given to me was that my vacation time for that had not been approved. I had informed everyone I would be gone and they knew where I was. This company does not have paperwork to fill out for time off so my manger was informed by me through email and also direct contact. No one called to see where I was, if that was supposedly an issue. Also, it seems odd to me that they would wait until I had been back to work for two weeks before they terminated me. I just wanted to know if I could speak to someone other than a lawyer or EEOC, both of whom I have already contacted.

Sockeye

What has been mentioned in the post doesn't violate any employment laws, I don't know of any agency that is applicable since there is nothing for them to act upon.

Beth3

I just wanted to know if I could speak to someone other than a lawyer or EEOC, both of whom I have already contacted. No, because as sockeye said, your employer didn't violate any laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">