• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confidentiality

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justus

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I don't know if I'm posting in the correct section or not. But can an employer (the owner of the company) talk to other employees (non HR/manager people) about things like asking for a raise, who's wages are being garnished, etc.

Situation is that I recently asked for a cost of living raise (it has been 2 years since my last one) needless to say it completely pissed my boss off and he was furious. Any way, he was talking to one of the people in our company who is under me (I am the supervisor) about the fact that I asked for a raise. Can he do this? Aren't some things confidential?

Thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It was totally unprofessional of your boss to do this but it did not violate any laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">