• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confidentiality agreement with former employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

canders19

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?IL
My request has to do with an agreement I signed with my former employer regarding solicitation directly or indirectly with their clients. I recently changed jobs and my new employer has bought on a client I worked with for the former employer. I was not aware of this prior to my hire and had forgotten about the agreement as I signed when hired almost 8 years ago. My position with the former was an account representative and did not involve any sales function or solicitation at all. My current position does not as well. The former has sent notice of investigation regarding the alleged violation of the agreement and may want to sue. I'm looking for assistance to draft a response that would resolve this as I feel I have done no wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Beth3

You need to consult with an attorney if you want legal assistance drafting a response. Nobody here can advise you on a confidentiality agreement we haven't seen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">