• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confidentiality Agreements and Attorney-Client Privilege

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reamann

What is the name of your state? New York

I know this doesn't quite fit in the hiring and firing category, but I'm not sure where else I would put it.

My employer recently gave me a plan that he wants me to participate in (I know that I am being really vague here). I'm not sure, but I think this might be illegal. I would like to talk to an attorney about it, but I have signed a confidentiality employment with my employer and agreed not to discuss this plan with anyone.

My question is this: Am I allowed to discuss this with my attorney? Does the attorney-client privilege make any difference, or am I still prohibited from talking just like I would be with anyone else.

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

seniorjudge

My question is this: Am I allowed to discuss this with my attorney? Does the attorney-client privilege make any difference, or am I still prohibited from talking just like I would be with anyone else.

If you talk to a lawyer about this, you have violated the confidentiality agreement but the lawyer can never tell.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">