• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confidentiality in the office.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mtodd

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma
I work in a county office in the state of Oklahoma. My boss is an elected official and she is retiring before her term is over. By all rights I should be the one appointed to fill her position until election but she may choose who she wants. She has started harrassing me about the job I do and personal conversations in the office that I have with a co-worker. She called me in and told me she would fire me last week if I created any problem for her. Today she called in the entire office staff 2 by 2 and told them I was a trouble maker and that she was going to fire me if I did anything wrong. I have been employed in this office 29 years. Do I have any legal action since she shared this information with co-workers? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">