• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conflict of interest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ninhpham2002

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

Below is the “Conflict of interest” for my company. I am planning to apply to work as contractor on the occasionally-weekend as an installer & maintenance technician (I will NOT do any sale or consulting just strictly labor work) for a company which is my current company competitor. My question is base on the guideline below; will my occasionally-weekend job be considered as “conflict of interest”?

Thank you in advance

a. Conflicts of Interest
For the purposes of this Code, a “conflict of interest” occurs whenever a Black Box Team Member’s private interests interfere in any way – or appear to interfere in any way – with the interests of the Company. Such a conflict of interest may arise when any Team Member has interests or takes action that may make it difficult for that individual to perform his or her responsibilities to the Company objectively and effectively. Such conflicts may also arise when any such Team Member, or a member of his or her family, receives or is offered or promised improper personal benefits, including loans to or guarantees of any obligation of the Team Member, as a result of his or her position as a director, officer or employee of the Company.
The obligation of Black Box Team Members to conduct the Company’s business in an honest and ethical manner includes the ethical and open handling of any actual, apparent or potential conflict between that individual’s personal and business relationships and the interests of the Company and bars Team Members from acting in a way that is adverse to the Company’s interests. Accordingly, before making any investment, accepting any position or benefit, participating in any transaction or business arrangement or otherwise acting in a manner that creates or appears to create a conflict of interest, the Team Member must make full disclosure of all relevant facts and circumstances to, and obtain the prior written approval of, the Company’s CFO or its General Counsel. Some conflicts of interest may arise innocently because of circumstances alone, without deliberate action on the part of an individual. If a Team Member finds himself or herself in such a position, the Team Member shall immediately notify the CFO or General Counsel for guidance.

Beth3

You're asking the wrong people. Whether anyone here thinks your second job is or isn't a conflict of interest is completely irrelevant. You need to discuss your plan with your employer and ask if they're okay with it. Their opinion is the ONLY one that matters.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">