• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amor

What is the name of your state?FLORIDA
I want to know if the company that just let me go, can do so if there was no proper training during the time I was at their site.
I was hired by a company in Florida and was told that I had 60 days of training to familiarze myself with them and learn to adapt to their way of doing things IAW with what their empoyee guide states.
The guide also states that either they or I can terminate the contract during those 60 days. Can I in my opinion because I was not trained in the environment that I was supposed to be in insist that they keep me on untill Ihave enough time to find another job as well as ask for more training in the field they are actually supposed to train me in.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unless you have a bona fide, enforceable contract that says otherwise, the company can let you go at any time regardless of what training they may or may not have provided. You don't get to insist that they retain you till you find another job, get trained, or, for that matter, at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">