• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consequences of dismissal due to gross misconduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dismissed.

Hello,
A week ago I got dismissed from my job at a supermarket for gross misconduct (I let my colleague use my staff discount card several times and got caught - stupid, I know..). I am a 2nd year student and I have been at this job for 4 months. I really don't care about the job - there's hundreds like it. What I am worried about, though, is what could the consequences of all this be in my near (or not so) future. Will this play a negative role when I try to apply for a "real" job after I graduate. I will be able to find numerous "cushion" jobs that I will be able to use as references by the time I graduate. The problem is that some big companies carry checks on you after they hire you. Are they going to be able to find about this, let's say, 3 years from now? Imagine the following scenario: I find 3 more jobs that I can use for references, I graduate and when applying for a job at a big financial company, I put "No" in the "Have you ever been dismissed...?" question. Is the HR Team going to track this thing back in the past. Will this dismissal haunt me forever?
Thank you.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The UK laws are just as different from US laws on this site as they were on the site down the street.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">