• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Construct discharge or no? Please.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Want out

I'm at the point where I just want to quit, but of course, can't afford to. I wondering if I've got a construct discharge case if I do quit. A year or two ago, I was promised (repeatedly, with back pay) a raise, even the night before payroll run. The next day, it was explained to me that the VP didn't sign off. I've been harrassed by another female co-employee for a couple years. Recently, they hired someone new with much less experience, a bachelors (while I have an MBA) and a lesser certification than I have.....making $10,0000 more.

I've discussed things with my boss several times and nothing changes. I'm overworked and the new person is searching for work. I've been to the EAP and met with a counselor a few times, doesn't seem to help. What are my chances at a construct discharge if I quit?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">