• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Constructive Termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmeehan

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

My former employer is in the process of trying to sell his company to a large corporation. Part of the sale evaluation process is disclosure of company org. charts, payroll records and financial statements for the past few years. In order to 1) make the company look more appealing and 2) protect a few key employess from the acquisition (taking them to his new start up), the owner of the company changed the documentation provided to the prospective buyer.

I refused to take the job offer to move to the start up company and was terminated from the position I held with the original company. Since it appears as though the sale of company is progressing, the owner of the company couldn't "all of a sudden" have me appear on the books, so he had to terminate me. Do I have any recourse?

Beth3

Do I have any recourse? For being terminated? No. The owner was free to let you go whenever he wished to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">