• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Constructive Termination Case...Please Help...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GCK_1208

Georgia

So here is what happened to me this past week. The company that I have been working for, for the past 2 yrs, had a global paycut through the company. Everybody in the company was cut 20%, except for me, who was cut 50%. In the meeting with the owner to discuss the paycut, the reason for the cut was simply to "better the company", it was not based upon performance at all. There is also an employee that holds the same exact job title, but again he was only cut the global 20%. I feel that I was given this huge cut in an attempt to make me quit. My question is does this fall under Constructive Termination. I feel the work enviroment is now intolerable as I feel that I have been singled out. Please Advise, and thanks for any information you can provide.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If if it does fall under constructive termination, that is not illegal.

mlane58

Constructive Discharge occurs when an employer imposes such intolerable working conditions that it would compel a reasonable employee to quit, whether or not the employer specifically intended to force the employee’s resignation. Constructive discharge can mean prohibited harassment or discriminatory/retaliatory working assignments or conditions. Nothing you have posted IMHO comes close.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">