• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Constructive Termination, MD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vernita

MD.

I have a situation at work were I believe my employer is trying to get me to quit. I work as a computer programmer. Every little thing I do and is being scrutinize. Down to the point were I was giving a verbal warning about not being a team player because I did not say good morning to someone in the morning. I did not even notice that I did not say good morning.

The job market is tough. How do I protect myself? This is unfair and I will fight them in court if I have to. What should I do?

Vernita

Beth3

Unless you are being singled out for unfavorable treatment because of your age, race, gender, national origin, religion, etc., or in retalliation for exercising a protected right (filing a WC claim, taking FMLA leave, etc.), then what you describe is not prohibited by any laws. If your boss wants to nit-pick you out the door, he can.

Your recourse is to complain to more senior company management if you feel that would be worthwhile.

Beth3

By the way, this is not constructive termination. That would apply only if your working conditions were made so intolerable that a reasonable person would have no other option but to quit AND the basis for the intolerable working conditions was prohibited discrimination or some other violation of employment laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">