• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

neosc_hq

The company I work for has a "no compete" forum that I signed.The forum states,"I agree not to compete with the business of ___ for a period of 6 months and within 75 mile radius from location of employment." The problem is that another company has made a better offer for the things I allready do.How con I gte around this contract?

------------------
Warren miller

B

buddy2bear

I do believe that the ONLY way to get "around" a non-compete is: (1) ask your previous employer to rescind the non-compete agreement or (2) prove that it does not allow you to earn a living and is therefore onerous. However, from what you say, 75 mile radius and 6 month duration, this agreement does not sound onerous (most would be years), so your best bet is to ask your previous employer to let you out of it.
I am not a lawyer, so you might want to check with a contract lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">