• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract advice needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freelancetechz

What is the name of your state? CA

Hi everyone, I am a new member here, so hopefully I am posting my question in the right forum.

Anyway, my question is if I sign a noncompete contract at work and they do not give me a copy. Can I do anything to request it without harming our relationship? Also, do they by law have to give each party a copy of the signed contract? Incase anyside tamper with it. I have asked for a copy several times and it has been months now since I sign it, will the contract still be valid? I am afraid that when I quit and they give me a copy, it will not be the same. As I find this company to be not so honest after being here a while.

thanks for your time

freelancetechz

there are not HR dept since it's a small company. So all is deal directly with the owner. He said he will give me a copy but never did. It was the first time I sign the contract, so I really weren't so sure of the procedure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">