• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract extension still valid?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kauaiforus

What is the name of your state? CA

My client recently asked me to sign an amendment to my contract to extend the term 4 months. I signed amendment and sent back. They acknowledge receipt but never counter-signed the amendment. I am now 3 weeks into the extended term (previous contract expired Feb 17) and client is beginning to back-peddle on whether her legal department will approve the extension (they are rightly concerned that I may actually be an employee by law, no longer a contractor). Is the amendment to my extension valid at this point, even if not countersigend?

Thank you

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Since we have not read the contract or the exension, we don't know. Show it to a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">