• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract not renewed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hvacman14

What is the name of your state? MS

I am needing some guidance. My son is special needs. why wife is (or was ) an employee in the school system as a teacher where he attends. She is in a differnt building and grade level. We began to put in to place measures to have my son accomodated for his disabilty at the beginning of the school year of 05-06. My wife has been working there since the 06-07 school year. at the begininng of year 07-08 we began to pressure the school into giving us our sped ruling so our child can begin to receive services and met much opposition from the administration. On tuesday of this week we presented a wrtitten letter requesting that the school bring in an outside consultant to evaluate and determine the level of eligbilty and services to be provided and the complied. Yesterday (Wednesday) my wife was requested to stop by the office after school. She arrived the superintendent of ed and her principle were they waiting on her. They handed her a letter stating that the district had chose not to renew her contract for the 08-09 school year. the letter also stated that being she had not been an employee of the district for 2 or more years they were not requred to give her a hearing to discuss this matter. when she asked the reason for not renewing her contract, the supt stated that the board attorney had advised him not to discuss it and refer all questions to him.

Well i made contact with the board attorner this morning and he stated that she was not a tenured employee therefore subject to dismissal at any time

She has has rave reviews and all of her evaluations have been with a superior rating(she recieves copies of all eval forms)

We feel that her dismissal is a form of retaliation for our pressure for the school to comply with the sped laws of the state and fed education administration

Can any one here advise of our next course of action Any and all advice is greatly appreciatedWhat is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">