• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Rate issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jfindle

I had completed an assignment with my contracting company at a certain rate - the rate was in printed form and was signed by me and the vice-president of the company before I accepted the assignment. Once again, I completed the assignment at the agreed upon rate successfully, everybody was happy with my performance.

For the NEXT assignment, with the SAME company and the SAME customer, it was in a slightly different position, on a different project with a much lower rate.

I was in the middle of negotiating for the agreed upon same rate or as close as possible on this next assignment, hoping that the company would make good on their committment from our original rate agreement.

We were in the middle of talking about the next assignment, trying to meet somewhere in the middle about the rate problem - (I was simply trying to get to a REASONABLE reduction in the rate for this assignment for both myself and the company - a figure that would have been reasonable for both sides.) - They advised me that it would be okay to go on vacation for a week and that we would talk about it some more and finalize this when I got back from vacation.

As it turned out - rather than take ANY reduction of what the company would receive from the customer's rate - they hired another contractor at the much reduced rate WHILE I WAS ON VACATION. When I got back - I found out that the assignment was gone for me - it seems I never had a chance. Extremely bad business practices towards a dedicated employee who had made plenty of money for them over the years.

MY QUESTION IS: Do I have any legal recourse at all - especially for the rate that was agreed upon during our original rate sign-off? The rate statement paper that we both signed DID NOT SPECIFY THE CUSTOMER OR A SPECIFIC PROJECT ASSIGNMENT - IT ONLY SPECIFIED THE RATE I WAS TO RECIEVE REGARDLESS OF THE CUSTOMER OR PROJECT.

I have this signed paper with my signature and the vice-president signature.

DO I HAVE ANY LEGAL RECOURSE on this issue? PLEASE ADVISE.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">