• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Severance Package

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

insearchof

I am in search of some legal advice here. I am a VP of a telecommunications firm that might be undergoing a merger and just found out that 90% of the VP's in the firm have a corporate contract with the firm. Within that contract is a guarenteed severance clause of 1-year. For whatever reason, I was not presented with a contract. Should a reduction take place, do I have a legal stance in claiming that a precedence has taken place (with the other VP's) in regards to the severance piece. To complicate matters, a terms and conditions document recently went out (as myself and the other VP's need to review these types of merger documents) listing out the employment contracts by name. What is your take? Thanks.

L

loku

It is not illegal for a company to discriminate unless the discrimination is based on such factors as age, race, gender, religion, color, or national origin. So if any of those is not the reason for your not having a contract, you have no legal right to one just because the other VPs have them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">