• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor working without contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kauaiforus

What is the name of your state? CA

My client of 28 months wants to extend my contract another 4 months but is dragging its feet on the paperwork. They have extended me in the past and are always delayed with the formal contract amendment due to their internal review/approval process. This has resulted in my working without a formal written contract for about a month.

This upcoming extension is a little different as they want to also reduce my rate substantially.

My question is, if my current contract expires and I continue to work for a month as directed by my client without a formal extension and without any verbal agreement on my new rate, do I have a good argument for keeping my current rate until which time the formal amendment is made?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
As one of my respected colleagues says, hold your current agreement up to the monitor so we can read it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">