• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copies of personnel records-California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

philsoca

After giving my two week notice, I asked for copies of all items in my personnel file. The company is refusing. However, I understand from reading other posts here that I am entitled to receive copies of all documents I signed.

The issue regarding items I did not sign is unclear. There is no company policy in the employee manual that prohibits me from receiving copies of unsigned items in my personnel file. Absent a company policy that prohibits providing copies of unsigned documents, would the company have to provide these if I requested them?

I would like info regarding the statute, court cases, etc. that I can quote when I send a written demand.

TIA

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Dear Patrick Godknecht:

Please immediately cease your solicitations on these Boards. As a member, you have agreed to the Rules of FreeAdvice.Com, and you are violating those rules.
Please voluntarily remove all of your posts with solicitations, and please do not solicit in the future. Your posts have been reported.
And besides, if you can't spell the word "liaison" properly, how good could your services really be?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">