• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Could I get my previous job back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blott78

What is the name of your state? WV

I was employed for 2 years by a company that I really enjoyed working for. I was excellent at what I did, and all the supervisors and co-workers liked me.

Unfortunately due to an idiotic move on my part, and multiple other personal reasons I'd rather not discuss, I quit without giving notice.

Now that things are settled down in my life somewhat I've been looking for work and there just isn't anything to be found. A friend suggested that I try to get my old job back but I feel like a complete ass just thinking about it.

Like I said I was damn good at my job and everyone liked me. I got perfect scores on all my evaluations and everything.

I probably screwed myself but I would think that my excellent service and track record would count for something.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
COULD you get your old job back? Sure, if the employer wants to give it to you.

Does the law REQUIRE your employer to give you your old job back? No, it does not.

There is nothing stopping you from inquiring. It will be entirely up to your former employer whether they want to give you your job back or not.

blott78 said:
What is the name of your state? WV

I was employed for 2 years by a company that I really enjoyed working for. I was excellent at what I did, and all the supervisors and co-workers liked me.

Unfortunately due to an idiotic move on my part, and multiple other personal reasons I'd rather not discuss, I quit without giving notice.

Now that things are settled down in my life somewhat I've been looking for work and there just isn't anything to be found. A friend suggested that I try to get my old job back but I feel like a complete ass just thinking about it.

Like I said I was damn good at my job and everyone liked me. I got perfect scores on all my evaluations and everything.

I probably screwed myself but I would think that my excellent service and track record would count for something.
Yes, you could get your job back but be prepared for your old employer to punish you in some way for leaving without notice the first time (i.e. putting you on cr*p jobs, having a direct superior jump down your throat every 5 second for the littlest things etc. This happened a few times right under Time-Warner's nose.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">