• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court hearing location and.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rhh

What is the name of your state? ca....golden state

so, worked in california. employment contract states ...another state as being...the state of governing law of the agreement. fyi..claim...breach, wrongful termination and age discrimination.

where will i be going to court? assume we go that far.

trying to understand if i should contract an attorney here or there???

thanks in advance....

rhh

i have discussed with a local attorney. he isn't sure???????? however, mentions the added cost if we were to litigate outside of the state...huh?

so, the question i ask myself....should i be looking at the governing state? he wants the case and doens't seem to care....no dissespect to the attorney. however, if i am paying the bills...i care.

any thoughts...anyone?

rhh

hey folks...please help!

i would at least like an opinion or two. i would think it would be a pretty simple question? i want to finalizie a contract and begin to move on...

thanks in advance...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If an attorney who has read the contract can't answer the question, how can you expect us to?

rhh

cbg......why would i expect/hope/wish that a stranger on the web might asisst.....because you do NOT have a vested interest.

come on...this can NOT be that difficult! if so, please explain.

somebody for the love of whatever......please resond with an answer.

thanks in advance...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, it is that difficult. We cannot interpret a contract we have not read. We don't know what the terms are; what options it gives you; or what the context of the one and only phrase you provide, is in.

The fact that the contract says the law of a different state will govern, is NOT enough for us to tell you where you will have to ligitate.

As I said, if someone who has read the contract cannot give you an answer, we cannot do so on the basis of a single phrase taken out of context.

rhh

wow! blows my mind......

i'm getting a headache over this mess i've gotten myself into. i need an attorney to get an attorney and an attorney to decide where to file my complaint.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">