• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

covenant not to compete

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wyld child

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? virginia
I signed a covenant not to :confused: compete for my employer which stated I would not work/compete within a 5 mile radius for a period of one year but I was terminated less than 30 days later. I never received a copy of this agreement until I requested it after being terminated. I noticed on my copy that my employer never signed the agreement, only my signature is on the document. Since I worked for less than 30 days and did not have an opportunity to build a clientele, am I legally bound by this agreement?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The only one who can answer your question is a local attorney who has read the agreement in its entirety.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">