• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Background

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

funcdoc

i live in al. i am a black male. i applied for an engineering job with a local firm. i was turned down for the position because of a theft of property conviction 2nd degree i had in 1991. that was my one and only conviction. it was also the sole reason given to me on my turn down letter. given that it has been 10 years ago and my age at the time (19), and that i see know relationship between the crime and the job, does this qualify for disparate treatment ??? i am currently working in a similar position with another firm and have been here seven years. i have already file a complaint with the EEOC and the position has been open since i applied this summer. do i have any legal rights ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">