• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cronyism

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kctagger

from missouri......i was terminated 2 months ago for misconduct. I got into an argument laced wth obscenities with a coworker, who was not following established procedures. this was considered unprofessional behavior, however other, more powerful individuals in the company have been retained for unprofessional behavior, some similar to this incident, others for criminal behavior such as rape and sexual harassment. my former employer has been trying to cut expenses since purchasing this business from the previous owner a few years ago. i feel i was fired because i was full time earning $10.37/hr and was full time. my replacement is part time and earns $8.50. can this be considered cronyism and can an employer show favoritism to some employees over others as they enforce company policies? both i and the other employee were both terminated.

ALawyer

Absent race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, veteran's status, etc., it would be hard to say what the basis for complaint is.

Getting rid of higher paid people (except when this is a disguised form of age related discrimination) or not treating everyone exactly the same (ditto, plus sex, race, etc.,) is not illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">