• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cut wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

d_mite31

i worked for a staffing agency in louisiana who place individuals with clients. i was fired and the employer cut my hourly wage from 25.00/hr to 15.00/hr for time that was owed to me for the prior week worked. this time had already been submitted and signed on the time card by the client (as satisfactory work). the employer says if the client isn't satisfied that the client will not be charged and the employee will be terminated with minimun wage pay for any "worked hours due". is this legal and are hours already signed and submitted as satisfactory work considered as "worked hours due"?

B

buddy2bear

It doesn't seem fair and I only recently found out about this employment agency practice. However, if you look at the contract you signed with the agency, you will find a clause in small print toward the end of the contract that states that you will be paid minimum wage "under the following conditions . . . ." and those conditions will be enumerated. DOL's Wage & Hour division is only concerned with your receiving at least the mimimum wage, so I don't think they would do anything about this, which leads one to believe that it is legal unfortunately and you did agree to it albeit you didn't know it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">