• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

D\Employer Disclosing results of my criminal background check to another entity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mittsione

Employer Disclosing results of my criminal background check to another entity

What is the name of your state? New Mexico

I have worked on a contractual basis for four years for a city. When I arrived to sign my new contract for this fiscal year there was a form to permit the city to perform a criminal background check left for me to sign along with the contract. The from was odd (I do not work for the police Department but the form was a release used by the city's PD for their employees- they must have borrowed the form from another city department). They did the same thing with the city staff I work with.

Question: I was informed by my city supervisor that one of my staff may need to be terminated due to her CBC results. She disclosed to me the specific issues. A state employee from the agency that supplies the city funding for the program we work for was there and had specific information on each of the CBC given to her by the city supervisor. Can she disclose this to folks who don't work for the city? Is this a confidentiality issue?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unless New Mexico has a law to the contrary, the only information that an employer is required to keep confidential, is any medical information they may have on you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">