• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damaging references

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stmas

What is the name of your state?
MD
My former manager was interviewed by the government investigator about 2 years after I was layoffed due to the downsizing. This interview was a part of a Security clearance background investigation process. The manager lied to the investigators to set a doubt...
I was layoffed from the company and recieved bonuses and good severance package along with a thank you leter as an addition to the multiple thank you letters from the customers.
Wonder if I have a case?
Thanks!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Maybe. But the burden of proof is going to be on you to show that he LIED or made negligent statements. If he offered his honest opinion and it happened to be negative, that's not a lie and you can't take any action for it.

stmas

One of the stories:
she stated that I've never submitted an expense report for the advance I was given to travel for business. The busines trip happened to be 1 year before I left the company! I went through the out-processing interview and had been payed all my bonuses and severance since and never been told that I have not submitted something! ( I have some other proofs that I did submitt the expense report immediately after being back...)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">