• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daughter Hurt & Jusifiably So (I Feel)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

danjanchelsie

Texas - - - Our daughter who has wanted to work since she was 14 got her very first job as soon as she turned 16. She worked alittle less than a month, the reason being her supervisor felt she was not catching on to the job as quickly as he felt the employee's should and since it was her first job and knowing she was nervous this more than likely was true as she herself admitted to her dad and I. She was so disappointed but soon adjusted to the disappointment and began looking for a second job. She filled out a application from a local fast food establishment and they called her and spoke with her over the phone and told her to come to work in the next 3-4 days I can not remember exactly but it was with-in the next few days that she was to begin working and she was (so very excited) . She worked for alittle over a week and at the beginning of her second week she went in to look at the job schedule to see what days that following week she would be working. Her name was nowhere on the schedule and her supervisor was there so she told her that she could not find her name on the schedule and her supervisor said to her(You aren't on it any longer) it hurt her and stunned her that she said nothing she had to find out in this way that she no longer was employed but had no ideal as to why. When she returned home her dad and I knew instantly that something was not right because she was visibly upset. I called and spoke with her supervisor. The supervisor told me that our daughter talked back to customer's,which her dad and I both know is not a shred of truth to this statement. She has been raised to respect people in authority, her elder's but more important respect all people and if you were to ask anyone who knows her character they would definitely tell you that this statement would not ever ring true to her character of religious and moral belief's and behavior. our daughter had during her course of time there that the boss & owner's daughter(30ish) cursed almost every word that she said and our daughter was made very uneasy by this consistent fowl lanuage. One day at work this bosses daughter had another teenage employee walk over to her and ask her if she ever cursed and our daughter said to her that (No, I don't) and the bosses daughter said to this girl(Well, she is in the wrong place and won't last long here) which she did not. This bosses daughter was (we feel) trying to make our daughter feel very intimidated and tried to make her even more nervous than she normally was. There was no one that ever showed our daughter any kind of training as on how to do the clean-up job functions during the day time hours or the closing up hours. One day our daughter was cleaning up the tables and this is one of the many job descriptions which she was never shown how to do correctly. So, as she was wiping up a table along comes the bosses daughter and abruptly jerks the cleaning rag from her hands and she came up behind her and did this abrupt action which our daughter was not expecting so it did scare her and the bosses daughter got very close to her face and began demeaning her technique on cleaning the tables and our daughter tried to tell her that she was sorry but she (bosses daughter) kept right on talking and the longer she talked the louder and more obnoxious she became. My main question is: The way she found out she was no longer employed there was that a proper way and if not is there anything which i can do because as her mother I am very upset. :mad:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
While I do not blame her for being upset, no laws have been broken and neither she nor you has any legal recourse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">