• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deceived about payplan by an employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dennis S

TX- I answered an employment ad on one of the major job boards. The ad was for a Senior Sales Representative and stated a pay plan of $4,000 base salary plus commissions. I answered the ad and immediately got an interview from the company. During the interview I asked if this was indeed a base salary or a draw against commissions. The Director of Sales (who I was interviewing with) said it was a base salary. We also came to an agreement on the territory that I would work in which would cut down on my drive time. I accepted the position and came into work within the next few days. After being shown around the dealership, I was introduced to my new sales manager who wanted to discuss a territory. I told him I had already selected a territory and would like to speak to the director of sales. The Director sat down with me and told me that the company doesn't cover the area I had agreed. I was extremely miffed and settled on another territory. I was then sent over to the Human Resources director who asked me to sign an agreement which had my pay plan as $4,000 a month draw instead of a base salary like I agree on. I stayed on working there until the day came when commissions were paid and didn't receive a commission paycheck even though I sold some stuff in that pay period. Needless to say, I have resigned but would like to know what legal options, if any that I can take to prevent others from being duped into taking a job with this company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">